Panyam Cements & Mineral Industries Limited., has been established in the year 1955 in the most backward region of Rayalaseema(Kurnool Dist.,).The Company soon developed into one of the largest cement manufacturing unit in South India.
During the year 2005-06 the Company has been taken over by M/s.Nandi Group of Companies headed by Sri S.P.Y.Reddy(Industrialist & MP from Nandyal).Right from the takeover,the Chairman took the initiative to develop the Industry with the modernization of Kiln No.1.
From the last fifty seven years, the Company is providing livelihood to Thousands of its dependants. It started with 200Mts per day in the begining and reached to 2300 TPD after modernization. Sri .S.P.Y.Reddy is striving hard to bring back the yester years glory to Panyam Cements.